Re: AW: [OM] the downside of a ball head...

Subject: Re: AW: [OM] the downside of a ball head...
From: "M. Lloyd" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 16:11:03 -0700 (PDT)
It's all about composition. With the 410 I can fine
tune all I want and still have the ability to quickly
to fine tune whole flowers into my macro shots levelly
whereas any ballhead I've tried (Never tried Arca
Swiss too rich for my blood) as well as pan tilt heads
have always been courser control since it's hand and
eye rather than gearing along a single plane. Imagine
the difference between a micromeer and a ruler. The
ruler will get you a rougher estimate much faster but
the micrometer gives precise results.

Believe me there is a world of difference between fine
tuning by hand and using a geared head.

Mark Lloyd