Re: [OM] T20 flashing ready light

Subject: Re: [OM] T20 flashing ready light
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 22:43:33 -0500
At 21:13 6/10/02, you wrote:
What does it mean when the ready light flashes? I can hear the whine
when I turn it on then the light begins to flash and it won't fire.

mike

The ready light should only flash (or flicker) when the T-20 is fired and it has sensed a proper exposure (in Normal Auto mounted/dismounted, or TTL Auto when mounted on an OM-2/2n/2S/4 and the body has sensed a proper exposure, but not in Manual.)

Something's wrong if it flickers after it's charged on power up. The "ready" light should come on and stay on. Sometimes it starts out dim and gradually grows a brighter near the end of the charging, but that's it. Do you have it mounted in a shoe? Is it a metal "cold shoe?" The T-20 and T-32 will not function properly mounted in a metal shoe that shorts the center contact to the ground contact on the side of the foot. (Mine simply won't fire under those conditions.)

-- John