Re: [OM] T20 flashing ready light

Subject: Re: [OM] T20 flashing ready light
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 14:39:08 -0700
I wrote:

> >What does it mean when the ready light flashes? I can hear the whine
> >when I turn it on then the light begins to flash and it won't fire.
> >
> >mike

You replied:

> The ready light should only flash (or flicker) when the T-20 is fired and
> it has sensed a proper exposure (in Normal Auto mounted/dismounted, or TTL
> Auto when mounted on an OM-2/2n/2S/4 and the body has sensed a proper
> exposure, but not in Manual.)
>
> Something's wrong if it flickers after it's charged on power up.  The
> "ready" light should come on and stay on.  Sometimes it starts out dim and
> gradually grows a brighter near the end of the charging, but that's it.  Do
> you have it mounted in a shoe?  Is it a metal "cold shoe?"  The T-20 and
> T-32 will not function properly mounted in a metal shoe that shorts the
> center contact to the ground contact on the side of the foot.  (Mine simply
> won't fire under those conditions.)
>
> - -- John

The ready light blinks at about once or twice per second when charged.
It doesn't not blink to indicate correct exposure. I did get the thing
to fire the flash but i have no way of knowing if the exposure is
correct on TTL auto. The light in the viewfinder of the OM2n also blinks
when ready but not after firing the flash. The guy that mailed this
flash to me did a really lousy job of packing so perhaps it got roughed
up in transit. Stuffed into a too small box with no padding! So the
flash was bearing the weight of anything on top. I'm sure some people
think the USPS will have a butler deliver the package on a silver tray
by the way they pack. Geesh! What was he thinking!

Mike (calming down)
--
Latitude 48° 32' North, Longitude 123° 7' West