[OM] Old aircraft .. was Workout in the garden

Subject: [OM] Old aircraft .. was Workout in the garden
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 21:49:39 +0100
Cc: "Gary Edwards" <garyetx@xxxxxxxxx>
Well Gary, when you come over next year, you might want to see if you
have time to visit Old Warden, where the Shuttleworth collection is
kept.  They were flying lovely old biplanes yesterday; I almost asked
my son to turn towards the airfield while we were driving back home.
But... his driving practice is more important than my attempts at
aerial photography...

I do have some lovely photos from an airshow at Old Warden when a
friend, a former test pilot who flew the Spitfire and the Bristol
Boxkite replica, got us tickets.  Another former colleague from our
Jaguar days was also flying and they flew some Moths (Hawk and Tiger
I think) in formation.

OM content: I think that that was the last time that I used my
75-150. I am not very good at framing quickly though and my shots
were unnecessarily cropped of the Spitfire flypasts.

Speaking of flypasts... the one for the Jubilee celebrations last
Tuesday were pretty good - mainly the shots from a helicopter near
Mall.  But Concorde's dignified climb from the front of the Red
Arrows was pretty impressive as well - all that noise and power!

Oh well...

Chris