Re: [OM] best of both world? A M42 mount adapter?

Subject: Re: [OM] best of both world? A M42 mount adapter?
From: Pawel Golik <pgolik@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 16:29:29 -0400
On Friday 07 June 2002 04:22 pm, Jim Brokaw wrote:

> The M42 was for the old
> Pentax Spotmatic and similar screw-mount SLR lenses, although I think M42
> might have first been used by Practika (I know I'm not spelling that
> right...) its usually called the Pentax screw-mount.

M42 was used on earlier Praktika as well as on lots of Russian cameras
(Zenit). And of course Pentax. Many SLR users like to have a M42 adapter, as
there are lots of cheap and sometimes interesting glass in this mount. Eg.
you can get a semi-decent true fisheye, made in Russia, very cheap, I know
many Pentax owners who use it. I've heard that M42-OM adapters do exist, but
their quality is not great and they require an additional lens in the adapter
in order to be able to focus at infinity.
        Pawel

--
Pawel Golik
http://www.gen.emory.edu/cmm/people/staff/pgolik.html