Re: [OM] Digital camera advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital camera advice
From: "Eric Boyce" <ericboyce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 07:13:08 +0100

> But I bet your friend wouldn't be happy staying with that for long. I

Been following this thread and thought id add my experience.

I have just bought a Hewlett Packard Photosmart 612
Resolution: 2.31 Megapixel, 2x optical, 2x digital zoom,
8mb internal flash memory, 1.75" colour LCD screen. Features
auto exposure, red-eye reduction and auto flash. Connect to PC
or MAC with USB, supports Windows 98, 2000 Professional,
ME and MAC OS 8.6. Lens Mount required for mounting Tiffen
30 mm Lenses and filters.

although I got it for the  specific use of putting pics straight on the
web, I am beginning to wish I pushed the boat out and bought something even
better.
I find that its useful as an aid to the pics that I take with my OM1 and
2sp.

I would recommend that your friend should either buy a very cheap camera
that just
does the job, or spend her entire budget on a decent one that can be put to
other uses.

Need to remember though that the accessories to make it usable will cost
around £100.00
CF card, charger, nmh batteries and case etc.

Eric

Main email
ericboyce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

toshpetock@xxxxxxxxxxx