[OM] Older Gossen Flash Meter Question

Subject: [OM] Older Gossen Flash Meter Question
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 12:56:47 -0500
I recently ordered a used Gossen Ascor Mark II Electronic Flash Meter. This is an older one dating to some time in the very late 1960's to 1970's. It uses a 15 Volt Eveready #504 (still available, but no longer Mercury). Unfortunately, there is no instruction book with it.

While I'm waiting for it to arrive, perhaps someone on the list uses (or has used) one of these older flash meters. If so, some basic instructions about its controls, their function and any idiosyncracies about this meter would be helpful.

From the limited photographs I've seen of them, it looks like a straightforward, analog flash meter with dial and rocker button. Is it as straightforward and intuitive as it looks? (Flash meters are not new to me; I've used a couple simple ones in the past).

TIA,
-- John