Re: [OM] Older Gossen Flash Meter Question

Subject: Re: [OM] Older Gossen Flash Meter Question
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 23:25:22 -0500
At 12:56 6/3/02, I wrote:
Unfortunately, there is no instruction book with it.

Got the meter today . . .

Lo and behold, I discovered an instruction book in the bottom of the meter's storage case under the formed pocket that holds the meter, a spare battery and the light reducing incident dome used to extend the meter's range by 5 stops.

:-)

Wow . . . I would call this a semi-Fang. It's from the era of the early Gossen Luna Pro. Incident only, it measures flash, including multiple flashes, and incorporates the ambient light level into the reading. Most used flash meters run about $150-$200. Got this one for about $60 and it's much better than the dirt cheap new ones found for under $100!

Why a semi-Fang?
The alternatives available at about the same price are *definitely* not built like this Gossen!

-- John