Re: [OM] ( OM ) New locations of the eSIF files.

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) New locations of the eSIF files.
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 23:34:59 +0100
> > For the sake of the group having continued access to the data; please do not
> > place the URLs on advertisements.
>
> I don't know how much of an impact that will have.  The most important step
> is to keep the search robots such as Google out of your site.  I've set things
> up so that my mirror doesn't get indexed.  I noticed Roger didn't so I guess
> he doesn't have a problem with search engines indexing his mirror.
>                                 -mark

A bit naively I didn't even think of taking that precaution.  I have not
looked at the traffic statistics for a while - I'll check them
tomorrow.  However, our servers also host a mirror of the Astronomy
Picture Of The Day, which gets millions of hits every day.  The e-sif
bandwidth should be tiny in comparison but I'll keep an eye on it.

Roger