Re: [OM] ( OM ) New locations of the eSIF files.

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) New locations of the eSIF files.
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 17:06:43 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 29 May 2002, Brian Swale wrote:

> It's already happened, unfortunately. Now it is quite possible for the
> problems
> that caused the demise of the original arrangement, to cause the same
> problem at the new locations.

I don't know about Roger's mirror, but my mirror seems to be running just fine.
It's averaging about 3200 hits per day with an average traffic of 175MB.  It
seems most people are behaving themselves.

> For the sake of the group having continued access to the data; please do not
> place the URLs on advertisements.

I don't know how much of an impact that will have.  The most important step
is to keep the search robots such as Google out of your site.  I've set things
up so that my mirror doesn't get indexed.  I noticed Roger didn't so I guess
he doesn't have a problem with search engines indexing his mirror.
                                -mark