Re: [OM] QA310 & OM1 1.5 conv. questions

Subject: Re: [OM] QA310 & OM1 1.5 conv. questions
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 16:47:36 -0500
At 02:56 PM 5/28/2002 -0400, Mike you wrote:
Two questions:

1)What size resistor needs to be soldered into the battery circuit of an OM-1 to convert it to 1.5v silver-oxide battery use? Does the resistor get patched in to the + or - wire? I had a CLA done on an OM-1 about a year ago, but the conversion was not done & I'm fed up with hunting for Wein cells. I want to buy batteries at WallMart if needs be. Is that crazy of me??? :) I figure removing the bottom plate & soldering in the appropriate Radio Shack resistor on the appropriate wire OUGHT to be within my abilities. If not, maybe I should mail my engineering degree back to the university... lol

John H. posted this about 3 years ago:

"I don't know how many companies make the 1N34A, but I was told by Mouser recently that it is discontinued and replaced by CDSH270.

John"

It's a diode not a resistor as someone else has pointed out.

HTH,
Joel W.