Re: [OM] QA310 & OM1 1.5 conv. questions

Subject: Re: [OM] QA310 & OM1 1.5 conv. questions
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 16:31:10 -0500

Mike Cormier wrote:

> Two questions:
>
> 1)What size resistor needs to be soldered into the battery circuit of an
> OM-1 to convert it to 1.5v silver-oxide battery use?

Unsolder the blue wire and insinuate 1.27k (+/-) Ohms between the meter and the
circuit -- fixed resistors, just like Olympus used when they built the cameras.
As long as the meter is working properly with mercury batteries, it will work
properly with this kludge and 1.5v batteries.

> 2) Does anyone have a DOA Quick Auto 310 they're willing to send to me for
> parts?  I'm willing to buy it & cover shipping if it's not that unreasonable
> as I need some cosmetic items like a new LED for the auto-check light and a
> new flash lens to replace my cracked one.

Have these and many other 310 parts new & used -- write if you can't find what
you need.