[OM] Yukon Ho

Subject: [OM] Yukon Ho
From: Ralph Nitschke <zuiko2002@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 08:59:15 -0700 (PDT)
Greetings all,

I'll be doing a road trip from next month from
Vancouver, on the south west coast of British
Columbia, to the Yukon and possibly Alaska.  Primary
stopping points are Barkerville in BC, and Mayo and
Dawson City in the Yukon, but we may venture either
further north (I wouldn't mind going up into the
Arctic Circle, if for no other reason than we'll be
close), or into Alaska.

Although it is a road trip, we'll be tenting and
traveling light.

I'm undecided on the film.  I use print film,
primarily Fuji 100 Reala.  If I stick with print film,
I'd bring the Reala, as well as Superia 400 and some
800.  Another choice, is to instead bring slide, Fuji
Velvia, Provia 100, 400, 800.  I have two concerns
about the slide film.
1) Slide film requires more finesse and is less
forgiving.
2) Provia is marked as a pro film, and requires more
storage care.  This will be a three week road-trip -
how will the film stand up w/o constant refrigeration?

Possible camera equipment:

Two Bodies:
 · OM 4Ti
 · OM 1

Zuikos:
 · 24/2.8
 · 50/3.5 Macro
 · 100/2.8
 · 200/5 (or 180/2.8)
 · 65-200/4
 · 35-105/3.5-4.5

Misc:
 · T32
 · Polarizer (49 & 55)
 · Winder 2
 · Tripod

Not Bringing:
 · 35/2.8
 · 135/3.5
 · 180/2.8 (or 200/5)
 · F280
 · BG2

Please let me know of any thoughts or recommendations
for film or equipment.  I'd love to bring a longer
lens (300/4.5), but I don't think I can squeeze one in
to this years budget.

Cheers,

Ralph