RE: [OM] [OT] Scanner help?

Subject: RE: [OM] [OT] Scanner help?
From: Scott Gomez <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 09:38:30 -0800
Thanks to all who responded re: Provia and the Scanwit. I'll keep monkeying
around with it and see what I get.

I'm wondering how much of scanner focus is derived from being able to detect
grain boundaries... The Scanwit seems to also spend more time focusing on
Provia than other films.

Provia is proving to be interesting stuff. Under a 10x loupe or even at 800X
in Photoshop there really isn't a "grain structure" like I'm used to seeing
in other films. So it's entirely possible that the "more-than-usual-softness
in scans" is a matter of my perception alone, and not any problem with the
scanning.

---
Scott Gomez