Re: [OM] Beattie interscreen and OM-2

Subject: Re: [OM] Beattie interscreen and OM-2
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 01:35:02 -0700
Well, you know, exposure compensation will change the Auto system too, so if you use it on Auto with +1, you will get overexposure.
The +1 solution works if you only use Manual mode.
If you only use Auto mode, simply knowing that the actual shutter speed will be about half of what's shown in the viewfinder makes it useable. In Auto, the shutter speed is not necessarily exactly what's shown in the viewfinder anyway, as it uses continuous, stepless speeds and even can vary if the brightness changes during the exposure.

There is no solution that makes both modes correct at once short of having the meter adjusted or going back to a dim screen. You could live it with under the above rules until it needa a CLA, where the meter(s) would be adjusted anyway.
Moose

Danny Hecht wrote:

OK I tested the meter on a blank wall and it does
meter one stop slower compare to my Pentax MX , I can
get a screen 1-1 for free from the same source so what
will be the best thing to do either leave the exposure
compansation on +1 all the time or to replace it with
the 1-1 screen , For a Zuiko 200mm f4.0 lens in the
shop the diffrent in brightness is well noticed and it
is important to me.