Re: [OM] The Planets

Subject: Re: [OM] The Planets
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 20:28:20 +1200
Hi Andrea et al,

What disastrous luck with the fall. I hope the mending process works well.

I also tried the planets from our balcony.

I used the Zuiko 24/2.8 on the OM4T. Don't know what the screen number is,
but it has a split image centre surrounded by the cross-hatching in a circle.

I couldn't see a darn planet or star in the view-finder, but finding infinity
focus
was easy.  I exposed at 2.8 - probably should have stopped down a lot.  But
I used the city lights below and the hills on the horizon to give a visual
reference. Asa 100, and exposed for 20 & 30 seconds.

It was print film, and the lab was determined to get something of value in the
shots, and cranked things up so that the planets are very bright and all the
clouds I couldn't see have a nice rosy colour. The city lights are very over-
done. I'll have to get the lab to try again, with a black sky.

On Makeout Hill eh?  Here, it'd be called "Pork Chop Hill" ;-)

Cheers, Brian