Re: [OM] e*bay .. newbie question

Subject: Re: [OM] e*bay .. newbie question
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 13:26:47 -0700
on 5/15/02 7:26 AM, John Hudson at jahudson@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Is there any way in which one can search e*bay for present and past
> auction history for any one specific item? For example, is it possible
> to search for the past auction history of all OM4T bodies, and for all
> 85mm/f2 lenses for example?
>
> If this type of item search ia possible how is it done?
>

> Thanks
>
> John Hudson
> Vancouver, BC

You can use the e*ay search function, search for a item by description, then
look at "completed items"... this shows you the auctions that have ended in
approximately the prior two to three weeks; not only those which ended in
sales, but all mentioning that item description. You can search just the
auction title, or the auction title *and* description text...

You have to look at the auctions to see if the items with bids met the
reserve, and items without bids don't tell you if the starting price was out
of range or if nobody was interested that week. Skip Williams e*ay auction
info page is sorted and filtered, much more useful, although I don't know
what his time lag is for updates.
--

Jim Brokaw