[OM] [FS] OM1-n Chrome

Subject: [OM] [FS] OM1-n Chrome
From: siddiq <iddibhai@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 19:03:28 -0700
For sale, Olympus OM-1n Chrome in what I think is nice condition. I bought it
late Dec 2000 from someone in mint condition (dont recall), who also bought it
used. So I'm the third owner.

I dont know how the ratings game is played, so i'll describe it as best i can.

Seller claimed body was CLAed, and it looks the part: clean foam all around,
clean chrome.

plastic trim (?) at top edge of film door has a few very slight scratches, and
couple of small paint chips on bottom edge trim (size of pen point). Inside
film chamber is very clean, two spots of paint chipped: top and bottom of film
holder, right where the film canister's edge would be.

Slight scratches on MD cover (yes it has MD cover!), batt cover, and tripod
screw area. i installed a new Varta Hg cell about a year back. Front and sides
of camera are clean, no other brassing. No SHOE4 included, but the little screw
on thing that fits the shoe spot will be provided. Olympus bodycap included.
Smooth action on wind, rewind release, shutter release, ASA dial, meter switch.
Clean mirror, focus screen (original i believe). Viewfinder also clean.

now here's the problem! meter is off 2 stops, regardless of light level. so it
is constant, not varies with light level. Always reads 2 stops too high. If i
use 100 speed film, i just put the dial on 400. With that change (setting
filmspeed 2EV faster), it agrees with my black OM-1n and gossen scout meter.
Not
sure if that's how it was when i bought it (all i did was run all the
shutter/aperture combos on K64 and everything was just fine).

So basically other than the 2 stop off meter, everything is fine as described.
full frontal image:

http://users2.ev1.net/~wesiddiquis/siddiq/OM1nChrome.jpg

other angles/views available if requested; above was taken with a flatbed
scanner.

I'm asking US$150. If priced out of line, tell me (i have no idea how much
these go for since i dont follow evilbay). I prefer MO, but personal checks
will
also do. Price includes USPS insured shipping to anywhere within Con. USA.
Other ship methods at your expense if you so desire. All sales are final; if
something is wrong when you receive camera (take one day to run a test roll),
let me know immediately, i'll refund you if you mail it back to me. if you
find other dings or dents that i didn't then we'll work out something similar.
Last roll I ran thru it was about a month ago, worked fine.

Inbox mail order (most recent at top) determins who gets first dibs if there
are multiple buyers. I dislike evilbay so the list gets first dib. If no takers
in 2 days, i'll have to do it online.

questions, comments, concerns:

mailto:iddibhai@xxxxxxx?subject=FS                   0M1n%Chrome

regards,

siddiq

ps, selling it off since i have another OM1n, and i'd really like to get
something with a spotmeter once i have the funds for it (4t!!!)

thanks for reading