RE: [OM] Without a lens cap

Subject: RE: [OM] Without a lens cap
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 10:41:52 +1000
> tom wagner [mailto:sally30@xxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> I guess I'm narrow-minded and limit my choices of caps to
> Oly only...

He he...fair enough.

I think I've mentioned it before, but you can buy Tamron (I'm
pretty sure it's Tamron) lens caps which, for me, are nifty
if you leave your lens hood on all the time (non-reversed).
The catches for releasing the cap are inside the perimeter
of it, so, no squeezing fingers up against the inside of the
hood (which just a tad annoys me - a little bugbear of mine).

Coincidentally, I found a 58mm Nikon lens cap in A1, "near
mint" condition (should I sell it on eBay? <g>) just this
weekend. I'm thinking of mounting it on one of by EOS lenses
and seeing which spontaneously combusts firsts.

Cheers
Marc
Sydney, Oz