Re: [OM] Best slide film?

Subject: Re: [OM] Best slide film?
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 12:59:37 -0400
Paul wrote:

>Anyway, slide film, best for what? As with most things in life
>it's a case of horses for courses.

I agree.  No single emulsion fits all circumstances and subjects.
Which film to use for any particular situation is a personal,
subjective decision, kind of like what clothes to wear and what
SUV to drive.  I'm going off on a brief jaunt up the road tomorrow
with premeditated photographic intent -- still looking for TOPE
10.  I'm traveling light, which really only means I'm leaving the
medium format stuff at home.  I'm taking six OM-4(T)(Ti) bodies,
each with these different films:

Velvia, Kodachrome 64, Provia 100F, Provia 400F, Fujicolor NPS
(for prints of people, a good family and friends snapshot film
because of its great skin tones), and Plus-X.

As often as not, I haven't a clue why I choose one slide film over
another, and I frequently shoot the same scene on more than one
kind.  Sometimes it turned out to be a wise decision; sometimes
not.

When I get home, I may unload a couple of rolls I didn't take a
single exposure on and stick them back in the fridge.  I usually
do, but I shoot 'em all up often enough to still take 'em all
along.  Besides, the OMs like to go for a ride.

Walt Wayman