Re: [OM] Introducing myself (long) plus a question

Subject: Re: [OM] Introducing myself (long) plus a question
From: Marten Beels <mbeels@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 09:28:41 -0700 (PDT)
>If you want a better teleconverter, the Olympus 2Xa
>is fine, but cheape=r
>and more flexible would be a Vivitar 7-element Macro
>Focussing Teleconverter (usually around =A340-=A350 I
>think). Quality is very goo=d, and in combination
>with your 50mm lens you will get a 100mm/f4 macro
>lens (=1:1)- - also good for portraits.

I agree that the Vivitar 7-element Macro Focussing
Teleconverter is very usefull.  I havn't done any
scientific quality testing, but it is a HUGE
improvement over my awful 3 element CPC 2x
teleconverter.  I removed the glass (and linkage to
keep from vignetting) from that and it works much
better as an extension tube.

I also have the 135mm f/3.5 as my longest lens and
find that it doesn't mate very well with the 2x.
Mainly it is just too dim at f/7.  I am considering a
300 f/4.5 and will probably get one if finances allow.

Marten