Re: [OM] Developing B+W - A Warning

Subject: Re: [OM] Developing B+W - A Warning
From: Lars Haven <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 21:23:39 +0200
On Tuesday 07 May 2002 18:37, you wrote:

>  Oh. Okay, time to get me some gloves.. I assumed it was just some sort of
> slimy chemical thing going on, but I don't want to lose my skin if I can
> avoid it.
>
>  thanks for the warning!
>
>  -- dan

It's even worse than just the alkaline effect. Some of the chemicals used
in developers can cause some very troublesome allergic effects to the
skin after prolonged contact (usually months or years).
While the rash usually dissapears after yet some months, the allergy
remains, so if you touch similar chemicals again at a later time the rash
will probably reappear.

I speak from unpleasent experience, sad to say.

Get some gloves and/or tongs. And use them! Life in the dark room
is so much easier that way.

Have fun, but be careful.

Lars