Re: [OM] Fuji vs Kodak

Subject: Re: [OM] Fuji vs Kodak
From: "Mike Cormier" <ronaldcormier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 16:18:50 -0400
When using a flash with Portra 160, I usually use the NC formulation. In most cases it gives more accurate skin tones, whereas the VC is more vivid & bright. VC is great for shooting small kids... makes 'em seem more energetic IMHO. For flash, I generally use a T-20, believe it or not. Much of the time I set it to manual & use a TTL Autoconnector T20 & 5m TTL cord. I then shoot with the flash set at a couple of stops underpowered. Gives nice fill flash from oblique angles. Other times (like at weddings, etc) where timing is important, I use a T32 on a BG2... But then, I'm limited by the fact that I have yet to buy a TTL multi-connector. (See wish list... lol)

I'm not a big fan of the F280... although some swear by it.

Which flash did you use with the Portra 160: T32 or F280?
Was it Portra 160NC or 160VC?

Pete