Re: [OM] Fuji vs Kodak

Subject: Re: [OM] Fuji vs Kodak
From: "Olympus List" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 12:16:30 -0700
Mike,

For my sister's wedding, the alleged "pro photographer" used Kodak Gold
100's.  I used Portra 160, and mine BLEW her's out of the water as far as
trueness to skintones etc..  The Kodak Gold was very warm and being asian,
we all turned brown...  The NPC 160 from Fuji was just as good, I couldn't
tell it apart from the Kodak, AND the Konica 160 was excellent as well.  So
if you are going to shoot "people", then go with the portra...  The Velvia
makes people turn red and green, the skintone is horrid... but with Velvia,
man, those waterfall shots...

Albert