Re: [OM] OT: Oly SPn info request/Shutter priority AE

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Oly SPn info request/Shutter priority AE
From: GMcGrath@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 09:45:32 EDT
Cc: chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx, royer007@xxxxxxxxx, davdou@xxxxxxxxxx
Thanks to all who have responded to my inquiry. Now that I've downloaded and
printed a copy of the manual from the site C. H. pointed me towards, I've got
a way to figure this camera out

As an additional tidbit, I sent a "thank you" email to Peter Jones, who did
the manual scanning, and he sent me this info in his reply:

> There is in fact an undocumented feature of this camera that you might
>  like to tryout. If you set the aperture ring to 'A' and set a shutter
>  speed the camera then meters in shutter speed priority mode.

Has anyone else operated their camera this way, or tried the reverse, setting
the shutter ring to "A" and manually setting the apertures for
aperture-preferred AE?

Greg