[OM] Re: [OT] So sue me! Was Irony, etc.

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] So sue me! Was Irony, etc.
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 10:03:56 -0400
John writes:

>Trouble is there are so many attorneys in the US [about 1 for
>~300 of the population on average] that the legal system is like
>a collection of ambulance chasers looking for people to sue and
>clients to win!

Here's one of my favorites from a few years ago:

The Atlanta Braves are in Philadelphia for a three-game series
with the Phillies.  During pre-game warmups a woman in the stands
shouts a request to Terry Pendleton, Braves third baseman at the
time, to throw her a ball.  He does.  She drops it.  Another fan
rushes for the ball, knocks her down and breaks her arm.  She sues
Terry Pendleton, the Atlanta Braves, the Philadelphia Phillies,
the Philadelphia Stadium Authority, and Major League Baseball.

Go figure.

Walt Wayman