RE: [OM] Re: [OT] Dutch/Danish (was "Solvang")

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: [OT] Dutch/Danish (was "Solvang")
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 14:18:55 -0700
On Thu, 2 May 2002 10:28, "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Then in reply to Dan Lau's message:
By the way, the Chinese sweet pea pod is called "Holland pea"
in Chinese, so it must have been introduced into China by
the Hollandians.  So do they eat similar pea pods in Holland?

We do eat them. Dunno if we introduced them over there though. :0

Thank you for settling one of my questions.  Here in the US of A,
everyone thinks the pea pods are a Chinese thing.  I'm glad that
we can now all give credit where credit is due.  I am sure that
it was introduced to the Chinese by the Hollanders.

I wonder if it is a special variety like the Holland bell peppers in the rainbow colors available in US supermarkets.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

?