Re: [OM] Grumpy old guy rant

Subject: Re: [OM] Grumpy old guy rant
From: Alexander Wilson <a.f.w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 16:48:01 +0000

> From: "Bill Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 08:27:01 -0500
> To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [OM] Grumpy old guy rant
>
> Why didn't he just go ahead and asy, "I'm stupid, and I'm lazy, and I don't
> want to learn anything, and I just want to buy something that does my
> thinking for me and takes a lot of pictures in a hurry, and if I could, I'd
> buy a camera that gets itself to the track and takes the pictures and comes
> home and I can sit in front of the TV."

A bit unfair, I think. Perhaps, unlike some, he's not equipment - obsessed
but uses a camera to produce photographs. What were his photos like ? After
all, surely its the end product that's important, not the tools used to make
it. Wouldn't it be interesting if he produced work better than yours?

Alex Wilson