RE: [OM] Help choosing a lens(new)

Subject: RE: [OM] Help choosing a lens(new)
From: "Grigorov, Boris" <BGrigorov@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 15:31:31 -0400
Thanks to all who responded to me.
May be I should rephrase my question about the 70-210 lens.
I am looking to spend between $120 and 150 on a zoom lens (preferably, I
intend to travel).  What would you recommand to buy in this price range.
Are my choices the best (see below..if you have not seen it already)?  What
else would you recommend?  I own a Vivitar 28-200 and this is THE WORST lens
I have ever seen.  It has huge barrel distortion and throws some
greenish-brownish cast, especially on the blurred parts of the picture, I
have a long list...I realize the amount that intend on spending would not
buy the best glass out there, but do not want to end up with anything like
that again.
Thanks to all who were able to make offers, but please, keep in mind that I
am interested in your experiences with lenses and possible suggestions for
something better.  Not ready to buy yet

Boris