RE: [OM] Toting tripod, looking idiotic

Subject: RE: [OM] Toting tripod, looking idiotic
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 15:15:44 -0700
At 06:15 AM 4/26/02 +0100, Chris Barker wrote:

I use an Optech tripod strap for my large Manfrotto (055B) tripod. Apparently it is better than the proprietary strap.

Hi Chris,

I can't comment on the practicality of the Manfrotto strap cause I can't find anyone that can tell me how the manufacturer expected people to use the durn thing. So, the strap stays in a drawer and I either throw the tripod over a shoulder, grab it by one leg or attach it to the Lowpro bag - depending on how far I'm going.

Later,
Johnny

There is a ring on the side of my Manfrotto tripod where two of the legs come together. Apparently the strap clips into this one point so that as you carry it swings and bangs into you. Not very smart design. Two points to mount the strap would make more sense.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

?