Re: [OM] OM1n metering (unhappy)

Subject: Re: [OM] OM1n metering (unhappy)
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 12:01:23 -0300

> Albert said:
> "I just got 4 rolls of my slide film back..  Most were too dark, except
> for the ones that were in bright daylight.  As much as I love my OM, my
> friend who took all his pictures on his Minolta 9, has PERFECT
> exposure...  And it almost makes me want to move to a wonderbrick."

Albert, I think you might want to pay attention to what you've just
experienced, as well as the the excellent advice that's been given here.
Wonderbrick's do take pictures, too, and will likely give more accurately
exposed slides, roll after roll, than an unmodified OM1 with its inherent
battery problems and manual only metering, in the hands of many
photographers. An OM1 is a special tool requiring more knowledge of
photography and lighting to use than most wonderbricks. That is one reason
why they make wonderbricks. Many of us on this list use OM's over
wonderbricks because they give more control to the photographer. You have to
decide if you want to pursue that end (excellent advice given here to help),
or if you want to relax and let the camera do it all for you. Let's face it,
many photographers, wisely for them, choose wonderbricks. Maybe one would
suit you better too. If you want to try one, this list is not going to give
you much encouragement. Others have tried wonderbricks, and some have come
back to manual OM's, some haven't. Try what works for you. You can always
buy and sell, especially with used equipment, without costing too much.
Wayne - ducking and running for cover- and going out to try his new Zuiko
135/2.8.