[OM] Good News

Subject: [OM] Good News
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 17:44:16 -0500
The following received an Honorable Mention at the annual photo show sponsored by the Kokomo Art Association:
  http://johnlind.tripod.com/mamiya/gallery/mamiya01.html

Some of you may recognize it. Medium format (Mamiya M645) using Portra 160NC and printed to 11x14 on Kodak Professional Metallic Paper.

The other two entries (made using OM's):
  http://johnlind.tripod.com/oly/gallery/om80.html
  [Kodachrome 64 printed to 11x14 on Ilfochrome.]
  http://johnlind.tripod.com/oly/gallery/om151.html
  [Portra 400NC printed to 11x14 on Kodak Professional Metallic.]

The first one is now "retired" since it has accrued something. The third one, which I feel is the strongest of the three, will go into one more show later this year. I gave up trying to understand totally subjective judging, especially by a single juror, some time ago. "Best of Show" from one juror gets nothing from another; put your photos down and spin the roulette wheel. If at least one of three or four lands somewhere "in the ribbons" I declare success. Under those criteria, a "green ribbon" is Good News. :-)

-- John