Re: [OM] Winders and jammed cameras

Subject: Re: [OM] Winders and jammed cameras
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 10:05:51 -0500

Michael Darling wrote:

> No, I'm sure this isn't an electrical problem.  The shutter is half wound,
> the mirror is up, and the wind lever isn't moving.  Something in the gear
> train is screwy, and I'm pretty sure its that first set of gears that couple
> the MD socket to the cameras guts.

Sounds good (bad?) to me -- there's a lever that's supposed to keep the gears
from
turning at the wrong time.  Something's loose/tight/sticky/bent/whatever.

> Now that I've thought about it, I remember something similar happening with
> my OM-1 when used with the winder1.  Some frames would be streaked -- like
> the film was being wound _before_ the exposure was finished and the shutter
> had closed.

That's something else that can happen, but shouldn't.  If a MD/Winder winds
while
the shutter is open, it's almost always the MD Switch in the camera that is
supposed to tell the MD/Winder when to run and when to stop -- usually an easy
fix.