[OM] Winders and jammed cameras

Subject: [OM] Winders and jammed cameras
From: Michael Darling <cosmo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 22:20:43 -0400
Ok, my OM-2 is on its way out to get un-jammed, having returned from a CLA
not 6 months ago.

I was loading a fresh roll of film, fired off two frames in quick succession
with the winder1 and _forgot_ that the camera was set to auto and the lens
cap was on.  Needless to say, the camera is jammed up nice and tight.  This
is what jammed it the first time, which prompted me to send it out for the
CLA to begin with.  I'm assuming this is what's referred to as 'overwound'.

This doesn't happen with my OM-2s.  Long exposures are no problem, my
winders (1&2) just advance after the shutter closes and the mirror comes
back down.  Is this the way the OM-2 is supposed to be?  I remember this
happening with my OM-1 as well.  I took the bottom cover off that one and
noticed the gear around the MD coupling was out of alignment with the one
next to it, and it wouldn't wind.

So is this just a situation I need to avoid in the future, or is it a
problem with the camera body?  The winders?

--
Michael Darling
Philadelphia, PA