[OM] F280 & multi-spot

Subject: [OM] F280 & multi-spot
From: "gries" <gries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 08:18:21 -0500
I am glad to see such a thorough discussion on one of my most
mis-understood subjects.

Let's try to put this in practical terms.  Say that I am just walking
around and need to get that fill flash on the dark side of an object
whose background is quite bright (a person in from of a sunset for
example).  If the scene meters 1/1000 at f11, but the chart shows me
that the super FP output is best at a distance of approx. 1 meter, how
do I photograph something that is 2 meters away?  Do I change the
shutter speed to 1/500 as indicated in the chart?  Wouldn't this then
make the background 1 stop brighter?  Also, what if I don't have the
chart for reference?  How can I make accurate judgments of how the flash
will perform?

Also, what is the affect of the F280 in Super FP mode with speeds below
1/60?  Will the frame only be partially exposed?  Is the motion blur
possible?

Thanks!

Bob