Re: [OM] 135 at eB*y

Subject: Re: [OM] 135 at eB*y
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 23:03:15 -0700
on 4/22/02 8:06 PM, M. Lloyd at royer007@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> If I ever get up the nerve to seel off of e-bay, since
> I don't have a digicam yet where I can get cheap pics
> to put on the web I'll use a stock photo from e-sif or
> something (with all the relevant credit) or use
> someone else's pic which closest matches my
> lens/body/etc (with all credit and disclaimers of
> course) just putting up a stock photo and the wrong
> one at that without credit is despicable IMHO.
>
> Mark Lloyd

Mark - If you're selling in e*ay you really should post pictures of the
actual item you are selling... it *always* makes me wonder if the seller
admits that the picture is not the actual item for sale, and I've passed on
auctions due to that. Especially with photographic items, I wonder why can't
this guy post a picture, what's he hiding...? Even if you don't have a
digicam, shoot a few pics and scan them on a $30 flatbed scanner... I think
you seriously lower the amount you can hope to get for the item by putting
up a 'stock' picture or no picture, even if there is full description in
text.
--

Jim Brokaw