[OM] OM Repairs

Subject: [OM] OM Repairs
From: "Andy Gilbert" <gilbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 18:19:45 +0100
Thanks to those who gave information on curing a slow lens diaphragm, which
was oil on the stopdown rings in front of the lens mount.  A simple repair,
though fiddly with my huge hands :)
  Here's a couple more I hope someone could advise me on:

1) T32 flash.  The ready light both on the camera & the flash never
illuminate.  It is not a battery problem, nor camera, leads, BG2 etc. I've
ruled all these out by substitution. The BG2 chirps away merrily to itself
so it's not a great problem as I can hear when it's charged. However I would
like to fix it.  I have a schematic diagram of the T32, and do simple
electronic repairs at work, so any advise would be appreciated.  It would be
uneconomic to send it away for repair, I would imagine.

2) OM4 (not Ti) The viewfinder is unusable.  This happened after foolishly
letting various members of my family use it with BG2, T32 etc.  in the pub
when we were celebrating my mother passing her Degree!  Not only did someone
set it to manual, so I got 72 shots of half frame, but I suspect it was
knocked as well.  The eyepiece has a blob in the middle, that looks as if an
element of the finder is either broken, or 2 glued elements are becoming
separated.  Does this sound familiar?  It appears to be in the eyepiece
rather than the prism. No doubt this is a Pro repair, and could be combined
with a CLA & refoam, but some advise on how serious it is would be great,
thanks.

Andy Gilbert
Exeter
Devon