Re: [OM] Performance of Zuiko 40/2

Subject: Re: [OM] Performance of Zuiko 40/2
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 22:22:16 -0700
I think you are looking at only part of the data. Generally the f2 lenses have better, often much better, resolution at the widest f-stop of their slower brethern, and continue to be equal or better over the whole f-stop range. There are also differences in contrast (which contributes to percieved sharpness) to look at. The later f2 series were intended to be better overall lenses than the slower designs, not just faster.

Moose

Richard F. Man wrote:

At 12:54 PM 4/20/2002 +1200, you wrote:

Hi folks,

Richard wrote

> I mean the Zuiko 40/2 is known to be an OK but not a stellar performer?

It shows up pretty well in Gary's tests with the OM4T & prefire. A and A+ at smaller apertures. That's about as good as it gets. And it has 4 of the 6
elements are special low-dispersion glass.

But C/C+ at /2? That's the point of getting a /2, isn't it? Lets see..., at /2
<snip>