[OM] 50/2 performance was: Performance of Zuiko 40/2

Subject: [OM] 50/2 performance was: Performance of Zuiko 40/2
From: "M. Lloyd" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 20:45:19 -0700 (PDT)
I always found that odd with the 50/2. In my own
horribly unscientific eyeblall tests the 50/2 performs
very nicely at f2. I've had some macro shots at f2
blown up to 8x12 and they were only slightly (I'm
talking very slightly) less crisp than those taken at
higher apetures. No discernable difference at 4x6 to
my eye. As always the biggest difference is between
shots where I had good support like a tripod or brick
etc. and those handheld. Supported shots totally blow
away handheld at 1:4 and higher magnification.

Mark Lloyd