[OM] AF-1 Super

Subject: [OM] AF-1 Super
From: Michael Kopp <mkopp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 21:44:06 +1200
Hello,

Can't seem to find much about this gem of a camera anywhere on the Web.

Not even a mention of a manual. Not that I can't figure it out, but I'd
like to see a formal spec sheet, know the dates of manufacture, how many
different similar models were made, and features, such as closest focusing
distance.

I'm almost ready to retrograde from my Mus/Styluses, because of their huge
focus/shutter delays and the camera's inability to deal with real
snap-shooting (as in snap shooting, not making snapshots). The AF-1 has
almost no delay, because the lens doesn't have to extend to its designed
back-focus from the film plane before focusing.

Anyone have experience with this camera, anecdotes, pictures, tech info,
etc? Or pointers to a source?

By the way, someone was saying they had a "senior" moment and forgot to
load film.

Happens to everyone, even the pros. I did a month-long return trip through
Vietnam a couple of years ago after 30 years (shows my age!) and at one
point shot a lovely roll of street pics in Saigon (sorry, Ho Chi Minh City)
with a 25-year-old OM-1 and 24 F/2 -- only to find that it just kept on
shooting and shooting and shooting. I eventually twigged!

Blame it on the nostalgia effect.

Oh, hell, blame it on getting old (not senior, Mr. Senior).

--
Cheers from Godzone,

Michael Kopp
Wellington, New Zealand