Re: NOW-Email Programs-WAS-Re: [OM] A suggestion for the list

Subject: Re: NOW-Email Programs-WAS-Re: [OM] A suggestion for the list
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 12:51:34 -0300
On 4/11/02 12:40 PM, "Matt Crawley" <matt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Andrew.
>
> I'm not sure about the PC versions but for the Mac Microsoft's FREE mail
> program Outlook Express has the same filtering features that you know and
> love in Entourage. I assume this means that Outlook for the PC would have
> these features too.

No, I work with OE on the PC at work and also support it as part of my job
(Internet Tech Support), it's not there. Other MS Mac exclusives (besides
the mail program included in Office actually being useable as an internet
mail client) include the auction manager in Internet Explorer which I use
all the time when I'm bidding on auctions and in some ways is MUCH better
than evilbay's own watching system (no limit to the number of auctions comes
to mind). But, it doesn't show the current price or your max bid :-(.

> I am on 3 or 4 email lists with MAJOR traffic,(OM is the busiest) and there
> is NO way I could deal with it without this feature. With it the emails just
> go to their specified folders for me to catch up on later. :-)

You can do this part without the mailing list manager (it just makes it
easier) by just setting up mail filters.

--
Andrew "Frugal" Dacey
frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx