Re: [OM] A suggestion for the list

Subject: Re: [OM] A suggestion for the list
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 12:16:44 -0300
On 4/11/02 11:55 AM, "Skip Williams" <skipwilliamsom@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> OK, out comes the soapbox!
>
> I HATE digests.  I'd rather see the individual subject threads and read or
> participate in those that look interesting.  Otherwise I have to wade
> through the digests, reading a thread that may span more than one digest,
> which is quite a pain-in-the-a**.

Personally, I also don't like digests. However, it is possible to break
apart the digest into the individual messages. My mail program (MS
Entourage, only available on the Mac) has a useful mail list manager (allows
me to also have the mail automatically moved to another folder) that offers
the feature. I haven't seen it in any other mail program though. If you were
running any flavour of UNIX I'm sure you could have procmail (or similar) do
the same thing.

--
Andrew "Frugal" Dacey
frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx