[OM] OM-2S advantages and disadvantages

Subject: [OM] OM-2S advantages and disadvantages
From: Pschings@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 21:14:37 EDT
Cc: bryan223@xxxxxxx
In a message dated 04/10/2002 8:36:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bryan223@xxxxxxx writes:

What, if any, are the advantages of an OM-2S over an OM-2N?

Advantage: Program mode - camera selects shutter speed and aperture. Great
when you want to hand the camera to someone and get in the picture
Disadvantage: Program mode - the extra linkages required slows the maximum
motor drive speed to 3.5fps in all modes

Advantage: Spot metering in manual mode
Disadvantage: Only spot metering in manual mode, no center weighted available

Advantage: Sub-mirror based metering - allows for use of 2-x screen without
modification or affect on meter readings

Advantage: Mirror/aperture prefire with selftimer
Disadvantage: No way to stop the self timer or adjust the delay

Advantage: Sexiest shutter sound in OM-dom
Disadvantage: Loudest shutter of the single-digit OMs

Disadvantage: Standard green flash LED drains camera battery; a modification
to a red LED that uses flash power is available

Disadvantage: Continuous battery drain, but I get 6 months to a year out of a
set in mine

Hope this helps make up your mind. Personally, I like and use both ;-)

Paul Schings