Re: [OM] OM1-MD light meter cover fell off

Subject: Re: [OM] OM1-MD light meter cover fell off
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 19:18:48 -0500

Mats.Elfstrom@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> ** My problem concerns my OM1-MD.
> The cover of the light meter, a round disc carrying the film speed numbers,
> suddenly fell off.
> By an incredible stroke of luck I was able to find it again....

Good thing!  They're not available anymore.

> Two narrow stripes of duct tape provided a temporary repair, but now I
> cannot figure out how it should be reapplied permanently.

Just use a little contact cement -- a tiny bead around the lip should hold it on
OK.  Use a toothpick or end of a straightened paper clip dipped in glue to dab
some on.

Be sure you know where the ASA is set first, of course.  Turn it until the meter
is at the lowest point, then begins to climb rapidly -- that's where it
transitions from ASA 25 to ASA 1600.  Turn it back to the lowest point and
install the plate so "25" is next to the pointer.