[OM] OM1-MD light meter cover fell off

Subject: [OM] OM1-MD light meter cover fell off
From: Mats.Elfstrom@xxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 17:27:23 +0200
Hi All!

I am new to this list, but an Olympus OM user since the 70s in the previous
decade.
Please excuse me if I haven't grasped the netiquette of this list yet, or
any language mistakes because I am from Sweden.

** My problem concerns my OM1-MD.
The cover of the light meter, a round disc carrying the film speed numbers,
suddenly fell off.
By an incredible stroke of luck I was able to find it again, wedged edge
down between two stones on the street paving, but not until the third time
that I retraced my steps past the last photo points of my walk.

Two narrow stripes of duct tape provided a temporary repair, but now I
cannot figure out how it should be reapplied permanently. It seems as if it
was simply glued to inner edge of the knurled ring of the light meter, but I
am not sure.
I see there is a slight recess on the underside of the disc, which must
correspond to a similarly shaped part of the light meter in order to
register the proper speed setting. Else there are no indications on the
periphery of the cover disc.

I'd like to know if this has this occurred to someone else, and how it was
fixed.
Else, you others be aware that this can happen. I do not know if the disc
can be replaced if lost, but I am certainly glad I managed to find mine when
it fell off.

Regards, Mats.E