Re: [OM] Metz flash and Olympus cameras

Subject: Re: [OM] Metz flash and Olympus cameras
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 12:32:09 -0500
At 10:05 4/9/02, Jim Caldwell wrote:
I just ordered a Metz 40 MZ-1I flash unit (it was a store demo, at about
half the normal cost).  I believe I remembered some discussion about the
Metz flash units here some time ago. I ordered the SCA adapter for the
E-10, but it was backordered - I also want to order an adapter for the
OM series.  Has anyone used this for the OM cameras and does anyone know
if it works with the T-32 and T-20 flash units in TTL automatic mode?  I
couldn't find any information on the Metz web site other than the flash
alone supports TTL on the OM cameras.

Thanks!

Jim Caldwell

Jim,
I have the 40 MZ-3i -- same as yours with a couple minor features I'll never likely use. For TTL/OTF with an OM it requires the SCA 321 module. Works just fine in combination with the T-32 and T-20 using TTL-Auto. It's like having a slightly more powerful T-32 with a little more flexibility.

-- John