Re: [OM] Nigerian scams

Subject: Re: [OM] Nigerian scams
From: "Bernd Moeller" <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 12:48:25 +0200
Hi there,

I get a handfull of them every day. The worst thing you could do is reply to
them, as the sender then get's your name and emailaddress confirmed. Apparently
your (and my, and many others') emailaddress is spread among these scammers,
thereby feeding their hobby, which must be a result of endless boredom.

For a while I forwarded them to the abuse-addresses of their respective
providers, but I found this to be rather time consuming. Now I wait for the day
my department gets new emailaddresses...

Best regards,

Bernd