[OM] Re: Battery conversion

Subject: [OM] Re: Battery conversion
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 05:48:15 +0100
Eric

Welcome to the List (haven't seen your name before, forgive me if you
are not new ;-)).

Your camera is designed to use the 1.35v battery, but since they
contain mercury the EU (inter alia) have banned their use.  There are
still some available, but it is easier to get your camera converted
to use the 1.5v batteries that the other OMs use (but only one of
them).  I sent my OM1N to Colchester Cameras for a repair some years
ago (1998) and they did the conversion in the price of £72 +VAT).
You can get hold of them on 01296 790009.

John Hermanson (www.zuiko.com) and Clint (www.olyfix.com) are in the
US if you want to use them (they come highly recommended).

Cheers

Chris