Re: [OM] Camera & lens falling.

Subject: Re: [OM] Camera & lens falling.
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 05:39:20 +0100
I had a similar misfortune a few years ago: I bought an OM1N and a
300/4.5 which the vendor sent attached to each other.  The box in
which he packed the combination was too light and the packing
inadequate and it was dropped at some time in transit.  The 300/4.5
smashed the mirror box of the little camera quite easily it seems.
The camera was a write-off, but the lens was also OK.

The vendor, a young budding pro photog, had told me that it was
insured, but it took a while for me to regain the the money I had
paid out.

Chris