Re: [OM] OM series durability and toughness

Subject: Re: [OM] OM series durability and toughness
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 09:09:18 EST
You should know, if you own an OM-1, that you could probably drive a nail
with it if you lose your hammer. I think the underlying reason the old pros
wanted to come up with a reason for complaining about the OM system was the
short-lived pro support that Olympus provided. Nikon and Canon did, and still
do AFAIK, provide terrific support, like in supplying a lot of pros with free
systems to use and many working pros could just hand over their
non-functioning bodies and lenses at several repair centers and and
immediately receive another body or lens, no waiting for repairs.
I think a lot of them wanted to keep it quiet about receiving so much free
gear.
It's sorta like if Jaguar gave you a free car to use for as long as you
wanted it, and you didn't want to let your friends know, and someone asked
you why you don't drive a Lincoln, and you have to come up with a "good"
reason to tell them!
I think Olympus stopped most of their pro support in the late 80s

George S.